BUYING BITCOIN FROM YOUR WALLET
With Bitcoin reaching new all-time-highs in 2021, many buyers are looking to enter the market for the first time. We’ve put together this simple guide to help you do so safely and securely
I’ll offer a fuller explanation of Bitcoin below, but here is what you need to know.
Download and install crypto wallet like blockchain onto your phone via Google Play (for Android) or the App store on an Apple phone. Search for blockchain Wallet to find the app.
Once you’ve in blockchain you’ll need to set up an account choosing a username and password. Obviously you can keep this anonymous, that’s one of the advantages of blockchain.
BUYING BITCOIN FROM CRYPTO EXCHANGE
- Register for an account with a cryptocurrency exchange like CoinSpot.
- Enable 2-factor authentication.
- Verify your account.
- Click “Deposit AUD”.
- Transfer funds into your account.
- Click “Buy/Sell” at the top of the screen.
- Search for the cryptocurrency you want and click “Buy”.
- Enter the amount you want to buy, or the amount of AUD you want to spend.
- Review the transaction details.